Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Change of the Season

Sorry it has been so long since I've posted something new.  Honestly, I haven't been able to think of anything too exciting to write about.  The season is changing here, entering a time when nothing is as easy as it used to be.  Living in a ski town certainly has its perks, but here are a few things we daily encounter that you may not be familiar with:
-starting the car 20 min. before we go somewhere in the morning
-only entering the back entrance of our home, because the front will soon be blocked by snow.
-wearing layers to go everywhere
-putting studded snowtires on the car
-keeping lots of windshield wiper fluid on hand

I really had to adjust our first winter here, but now I just go with the flow.  Some of the perks are the views of the snow covered mountains (like those seen below from our back yard), and getting to ski!  The resort opens tomorrow, so Chad and I are going to try to make it out for a couple of hours.  

Yes, above is the view of Winter Park Ski Resort from my back deck.  It gets me so excited for tomorrow!
This is a picture of Perry's Peak, right next to the resort.  I love looking at it!

2 comments:

Kimberrykim said...

Hey guys! The pics are awesome. I'm jealous. Hey, I will be in Colorado in late June to go backpacking with some kids from school. Can I crash a couple days? I'll call sometime. :) Look forward to seeing you and Truett!

Unknown said...

Shanon -

I happened across your blog from Kristen McNeil's I believe. What a sweet family and cute little boy you have! If you have a chance shoot me an email (leslie@randyhoyt.com)and I'll send you a link to our family blog (we have a little boy too!).

- One of your old roommates Leslie Hoyt (Scott)