Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Reformation Day

Each year our church celebrates Reformation Day, in honor of Martin Luther nailing his 95 Thesis to the door of All Saint's Church on October 31, 1517, giving steam to the reformation of the church.  Every year we take a look at the life of different reformers and this year it was a celebration of John Knox of Scotland.  Chad played a Scottish narrator in a skit tonight...hence the kilt.  Truett and I decided to go as the narrator's family, so we all had on our matching plaids.  At 3:00 today I had no idea what we were going to wear.  Chad went to Alco (a mini wal-mart) and picked up a block of plaid material.  2 hours later we all had kilts and were heading to the church.  Amazingly we took third place in the costume contest and won a scrabble game!


My mom will appreciate this, too...Chad and I both went to the cake walk throughout the evening and won on our first time in the circle!  Yahoo!  I love cake walks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You win every single time!! What's the deal?! Loved the kilts - your family is so stinkin' precious!!!

Ginny said...

So, So cute! And Shanon, I LOVE your haircut!

Pete and Kimberly said...

So fun! What a creative way to teach about important people and events in history! You guys are too cute!

Michael and Angela Tiland said...

If I had only three hours, I would have ended up wearing a sheet or something. Miss you guys