Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Fun


This fall has turned out to be very beautiful so far.  I'm comparing this to the first year we were here when it snowed a foot on Sept. 15th.  Our friends, Emily and Ryan Roberts came to visit on Friday and Saturday.  The weather was beautiful and we were able to enjoy some burgers on the grill and some late night smores (well, late for people who have a 5 month and a 3 month old).  We love having visits from dear friends!  Our friends also wrote about the visit on their blogs The Roberts Portal and Cole Addict.




On Sunday we made our annual trip out to Rocky Mountain National Park to see the elk.  On the way we saw 3 moose on the side of the road.  I just love the wildlife here.  All the aspen leaves are changing, which provided a perfect backdrop for the viewing.



Also, on our weekend of fun, we went to the Solvista Ski Resort and took pictures of the aspen from the top of the mountain.  Those photos will be uploaded soon!

3 comments:

Khris Kennedy said...

Um Shanon - this is a picture of an elk, not a moose!

Chad and Shanon said...

Since I wrote in my blog about making a trip to see the elk, I thought it was appropriate to put a picture of the elk we viewed.

Khris Kennedy said...

Okay yeah that makes since (as I duck my head with humiliated understanding)!