Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting Older Isn't So Bad

O.K.  I think I just had the best birthday I've had in a long time!  I woke up yesterday morning, knowing I was going to Denver for the day for a surprise. I had no idea what the plan was , but I was so excited!  When I rolled out of bed, Chad announced that he wanted to make breakfast...not just the cereal that we usually have.  He made a yummy egg, sausage, and potato skillet thing with some muffins.  Yummm....  Then we dropped off Truett with a friend for the day and headed to Denver.  On the way, Chad let me know we were having a mini shopping spree for winter clothes for me!  Shopping isn't readily available up here in the mountains, so I was so excited to update the wardrobe a little.  If that wasn't enough, the highschool girls in the youth group decided to clean my house and fix a wonderful dinner that was waiting for us when we got home.  It was such a great day!  It kinda took the edge off of getting another year older.   Below is the dinner spread the gals left for us:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - that is so awesome!!! I am so glad you're so loved - since your horrible sister didn't even remember to call!! I am so sorry - I'm glad you had the wonderful birthday you deserve!!

Kimberrykim said...

that's awesome!

Pete and Kimberly said...

What a fabulous birthday! I'm glad you were able to do something fun and out of the ordinary. Your pictures are amazing - the scenery there is beautiful! Maybe I can come visit you guys sometime...

Michael and Angela Tiland said...

Happy Birthday Shanon... We miss you guys... okay, well we miss your son at least